The stage & stadium activities are an important part of academic agenda, Despite rigorous academic agenda, there is always a time for music, poetry, dance, discussion and for dialogue with self relaxation. Thus an attempt is always made to extract and polish the Inherent abilities of students through various channels.
The creative abilities are reflected through activities undertaken by various associations and departments.
Leadership abilities are exhibited through NSS, NCC, Music Club,Youth Welfare.
The GK abilities are taken care of through declamation, Debates, Quiz, Group Discussion,etc.
Under the able leadership of Dean EMA, the concerned teachers remained alive in finding, grooming and presenting talented artists during the last sessions. We participated in Panjab University Diamond Jubilee youth and Heritage festival, Chandigarh and bagged distinctive positions specially in Giddha, Bhangra, Lambi Heik, Mehandi, Folk Instrument etc. Ms. Rajwant Kaur was honoured as ” Giddhian Di Rani”. The service of all members of the department was duly recognized.
Panjab University youth festival of the session 2015-16 was hosted by Gobind College, Narangwal. Due to tireless efforts of prof. (Dr.) Kunal Mehta, Prof. Mrs. Kalika Jain, Prof. Dr. SS. Brar, Prof. Mrs. Malkeet Kaur, Prof. Manjit Singh, Prof. MrsAmrinder Kaur, Prof. Ms. NarainJyoti, Prof. Ms. Parul, Prof. Harpreet Singh, Mrs. Anjali Sehgal, Ms. Hardeep Kaur and MrsRajdeepkaur.,Our college team bagged 13 prizes, the details of which are as follows:-
Name of Students
|1.||Group Item||General Dance||First|
|2.||VaishaliPassi (B.Com-I)||Essay writing||First|
|3.||Prem Kumar (B.A.-I)||Paranda making||First|
|5.||Balwinder Singh (B.A.-II)||Histrionics||First|
|6.||Sukhpal Kaur (M.A.-I) English||Knitting||First|
|8.||Sunpreet Singh (B.A.-III)||Luddi||Second (Individual)|
|9.||VaishaliPassi (B.Com-I)||Poem Recitation||Second|
|11.||IshmeetMonga (B.Sc.-II)||Poster making||Third|
|13.||SonamJuneja (M.Com-I)||Marathi Dance||Third|
Industrial Visit to Kitty Breads, Ludhiana
PG department of Commerce and Management organized an Industrial Visit to Kitty Bread, Ludhiana under able guidance of Principal (Dr.) Karan Sharma on January 22, 2016. A team consisting of 6 faculty members and 50 students from B.Com and BBA final year went to visit the plant location and Miss. Rajwinder Kaur, Quality control Manager, welcomed the team. She took students to various departments to let them understand manufacturing of bread and other related products. Students and faculty members asked a number of questions relating to organizational structure, marketing strategies, quality control checks, manufacturing process and job opportunities in the company. Students got a practical exposure through this educational visit.
-Post Graduate Dept. of Comm. &Mgmt% of L. R. D. A. V College, Jagroan, organized “Commerce Quiz” on 9th March 2016. Mr. Apar Singh, President, Alumni Association was the Chief Guest and Mr. G. S Sidhu, Member, LMC was the Guest of Honor. After playing all the six rounds of the Quiz, team “Company” consisting of Preeti, Dinesh &Sarika of M. Com II nd year won the first prize.
® Team “Manufacture” lead by Amit, Nikhil &Kajal of M.Com Ist bagged the second prize.
® Third prize was awarded to Harpreet, Kriti& Natasha of M. Com Ist year.
® Dept. of Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry of organized departmental quiz competition and extension lecture on “Fascinating World of Mathematics” by Dr. Jagdip, Dhar, from IIITM Gwalior on 19/2/2016.
Annual Sports Meet & Kite Flying Competition
48th Annual Sport Meet of the college was organized on 5th March 2016 in which more than 500 students of the college participated. Best athlete from Boys was Jaspreet Singh Baryar (B. A- II and Best athlete from girls was Sarabjeet Kaur (B. A III year). Kite Flying Competition was held on 12th Feb,2016 to celebrate “BasantPanchhmi.” Students participated in it with great enthusiam.
Tours & Trips
Tour & Trips are a part & parcel of educational system. During this session following tours & trips were organized:
1) Dr. Karan Sharma, Principal, along with 19 members of the teaching & non-teaching staff attended rally at New Delhi on 14th Feb, 2016. addressed by honorable Sh. Narender Modi (Prime Minister of India).
2) Dept. of office Mgt organized a trip to Naina Devi, Shri Anandpur Sahib &Kiratpur Sahib on 20 Feb,2016 with 45 students along with 6 teachers.
3) Dept. of History organized an educational trip of PG students on 6th March 2016.The students visited historical places related to “Baba Banda Singh Bahadur” atChapperehini& Shri Guru Gobind Singh at Fatehgarh Sahib.
4) Dept. of Physics, Chemistry &Maths organized a trip to Science City, Kapurthala, for the students of B.Sc I & II on 6th March2016.
5) Dept. of Commerce and Mgmt. organized one day trip to Chandigarh on 25th March, 2016. Prof. Kalika Jain, Prof. PallaviManik, Prof. Vanisha, Prof. Arwinderpal Kaur & Prof. RuchiWadhwaaccompained the students.
6) A trip of students of the college hostel was organized by the Principal Dr Karan Sharma to Phillaur on 7 feb. 2016. Prof. Kunal Mehta, Prof. Veena Jain, prof. Mandep Kaur, Prof. Neha, Prof. Simarnjit, Prof. Prerna and MrsSushma Rani accompanied the trip. Students were brought to visit D A V collegePhillaur, Shiv Mandir, ShaniMandir and SankatMochan. Shri Hanuman mandir,Phillaur.
7) PG Dept of Economics organized one day trip to Kurukshetra on 13th March 2016 of Economics students. DrParvesh Kumar, Prof. VikasMendiratta , Prof. RanjanaVerma& Prof. Sandeep Mala accompanied the same.
8) PG Dept of Pbi organized one day trip on 20th March, 2016 to Patiala &Fatehgarh Sahib. 26 students went to this trip & visited historical and religious places.
9) PG Dept. of English organized a trip to Chandigarh. 54 students under the guidance of HOD Mrs. Rekha Watts and 5 teachers of the department joined the tour.
1. PG Department of History organized an Essay Writing Competition on Life and Ideology of LalaLajpat Rai Ji on 5th August,2015.
2. PG Department of Punjabi organized Punjabi Literacy Society under the headship of Prof. K S Sandhu on 22nd August,2015. 84 members were selected in this society.
3. PG Department of History and History Association organised Tree Plantation Drive on 1/9/15 at Govt. Sr. Sec. School, Kaunke Kalan. More that 500 ornamental and shady trees were planted in the school and around village tank to safeguard the environment.
4. PG Department of Punjabi organized Book Exhibition in the college library on September 8,2015& Sh. Jagjit Singh Sandhu, Secretary, Aarhtia Association was invited for inauguration of this exhibition.
5. PG Department of History organized a Sketch Making Competition of the students on 18 September 2015. The students made beautiful sketches of the historical personalities like LalaLajpatRai,S. Udham Singh, Mahatma Gandhi etc.
6. PG Department of Punjabi, Hindi & English organized an Essay Writing Competition on the occasion of Mother Tongue Day on March 2,2016.
7. PG Department of Punjabi and Punjabi Literacy Society organized a ‘Folk Song and song’ competition on March17,2016. Prof. Gurbhajan Gill, Shiromani Punjabi Poet, was invited as the Chief Guest and S. Davinder Singh, E O, Municipal Committee, Jagraon was invited as Guest of Honour.
8. Dept. of Computer Science organized Certification Ceremony for the students who attended short term courses like Java programming, Adobe Photoshop, Basic Computer Course and Tally. Students, who had completed one month course of Retail Management, were given T-shirts and certificates by Akansha International on Feb. 27,2016.
9. Scholarships were awarded to the students of B. A -I(03) & B. A-II(02) which were sponsored by Rashtriya Sanskrit Sansthan, New Delhi.